This year launching the Music Program, we will be offering:
- PreK, K, and 1st Grade General Music with singing, movement, and games
- 2nd and 3rd Grade will receive Piano training with the Faber Piano Adventures program
- 4th Grade will be learning the Recorder with the Karate Black Belt system
- 5th and 6th Grade will be learn the Ukulele to be able to sing and play together
- 7th and 8th Grade students will have the opportunity to learn Music First Software including the creation and editing of music through Technology.
This program provides multiple learning opportunities, through singing, movement, and instrument playing; providing a solid foundation of piano, a wind instrument, a string instrument experience, and technology for excellence in musicianship.
Kimberly Ransom comes to us from the Westside of Los Angeles, California. She has 13 years teaching experience, and specializes in PreK-8thGrade Music. She has taught abroad in two countries, Spain and Costa Rica, and has a passion for World Music. She is a Berklee College of Music graduate, certificated in Kodaly and Orff Schulwerk approaches to Music Education, with a M.P.A. degree from California State University Northridge.
Thomas Lilley is a San Diego native, and has worked in Education for 10 years. As well as teaching elementary music, he has also worked on the development of curriculum for companies such as McGraw-Hill. He has a Masters in Educational Technology from SDSU, and loves creativity using technical arts.